Friday 22 February 2013

Dissemination and Innovation Workshop


Some may think I'm mad spending 2 days of half term at a workshop discussing CPD. Indeed, as I caught the train on Wednesday, I was questioning the decision myself! However, it took less than an hour to know it would be time well spent.
 I've met many amazing and enthusiastic teachers and many people working hard to improve science education in the UK. Several large projects have been highlighted as well as invaluable input from teachers running smaller projects within their schools.
It was a mix of Science Learning Centre staff and teachers who had been involved in their previous or ongoing projects. The aim was to review what was new in science education and look at how the Science Learning Centres could incorporate these ideas into their existing or new programmes of CPD.
The following posts are a summary of the learning I took away from the workshop. Some I hope to implement immediately - SOLO taxonomy, York Science Project resources and QR coded student feedback. Others are bigger projects to consider over the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment