Monday 7 May 2012

So many things to try.....

CPD non-stop in the last few days!
We had 2 INSET days in school - one as a joint venture with a school local to us which I found really useful. Loads of great workshops but also a fab opportunity to network with another science department and offer support to each other.
I was too far from #TMClevedon to get there, but have watched most of the clips on youtube now.
I have so many ideas buzzing around in my head I don't know what to do first!
Anyway, I'm staying focussed on supporting KS4 in the run up to their exams, but will try to use some of what I've seen. I've already shared @MYGCSEscience's interactive Physics revision and I'm still using some of the videos for some flipped classroom stuff. I'm worried about the lack of independent learning going on though...particularly in light of linear exams, so I've given my year 10 chemists a structured but independent task on Our Changing Planet to start them off  bit.ly/IBGRt9.
Will definitely be trying Aurasia with year 8 over the next couple of weeks - that looks brilliant http://bit.ly/K5SYnk
Will write about the Maths project later

No comments:

Post a Comment