Friday 19 October 2012

TMClevedon to do list

Where to start? I've decide a list might be a good idea. These are my favourite ideas from last night that I want to try out in my teaching over the coming weeks.....
1. Find an expert to talk to my class about what they do. Gavin Smart had his Grandad talk about hydrology. I think this could stretch to tutor time too and careers links
2. Creating a museum in school. Wow. Two talks on this but both quite different. Would like to develop this idea for some cross- curricular work. Maybe with the history dept, linking History of Medicine and Science or Geography department on Global Warming etc. the possibilities are endless........
3. Make apps in lessons. Brilliant. Thank you Andy Hutt.
4. Imaginarium. I like this very much. Might try to create a science department version with unusual artefacts for students to research as extension tasks. Thank you Gabrielle Murtagh.
5. Sort out department ideas/support virtual area. We're really good at asking and sharing, but there's no record of it. Nothing to go back to to remember what was said etc. Hope to do something based on David Gale's ideas.
6. Use Guardian eye photos in Tutor time. If science based, will also use as engaging starter tasks.
7. Suggest changes to department observations based on the wise words of John Wells
8. Use virtual learning platforms properly. David Morgan I felt positively guilty!!
9. Find out how I can use Skype in the classroom
10. Keep my blog up to date and write about one new thing I do each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment