Saturday 26 January 2013

iPads and Skitch

After #ASEchat this week I picked up several new ideas again - one was to use Skitch to produce a scrapbook of practical work. I haven't looked at doing that yet but I have started to use the app with a class.
The app allows students to annotate pictures on their camera roll or from the web. The annotated picture can then be saved back to the camera roll and added to a piece of work. It's part of Evernote.
This week we tested it with inherited and environmental characteristics. Students either used/took a picture of themselves, or used a famous person and added inherited/environmental labels to to it. They added pictures to their work in Pages and then uploaded to Edmodo for me to mark. All worked well.

I can see how it will be really good for labelling photos of experiments and will dabble with this next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment